Register and join the discussion

car too bouncy


vik
12-29-2001, 02:06 AM
i have maxspeed coilovers. my ride is so bouncy, ish cool at first but its getting anoying. i need to know what to do, should i get new springs?

JDM Accord 94
12-29-2001, 02:24 AM
i had maxspeed coilovers on my car last year for about 3 months. Only thing you can do is buy new lowering springs. Buying new struts will help but only a little. I ride on Eibach Sportline now and its great.

vik
12-29-2001, 02:26 AM
should i get coilovers or just a regular set of springs?

b16b bomber
12-29-2001, 02:31 AM
you should get regular springs..coilovers are cool for a while but it is bouncy and a pain sometimes

vik
12-29-2001, 02:40 AM
are all coilovers bouncy like mine or just maxspeeds?

b16b bomber
12-29-2001, 02:57 AM
coil overs tend to be more bumpy on roads because the shock absorbtion is taken by mostly your springs hence the bigger the spring the bigger shock absorbtion...

I have skunk and my friend has ground control...both of our cars very bumpy, but my friend with eibach has the smoothest lower ride i've been in..

Also the lower you get the bounceir it becomes...

the thing that i am not sure about is how good is the full coilovers by apexi and mugen....dont know if it is as good as regular springs or cheap imitation coilovers

Hanguk87
12-29-2001, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by vik
are all coilovers bouncy like mine or just maxspeeds?

I think are coilovers are bouncy. Also, I heard the more you drop it, the more bouncy? Mr bro has APC coilovers and dropped all the way and they are very bouncy.

brads94accord
12-29-2001, 05:46 PM
well, pretty much all coilover sleeves are gonna be bouncy. my friend used to have a civic(until he totalled it) with some matrix coilover on it and it was bouncy as hell. i got a headache driving that car around the block. i have sprints on my accord, they are a little more bouncy than stock but not near as bad as my friends civic was. that should go away when i get new shocks.

drift
12-29-2001, 06:08 PM
you get what you pay for.

if you cannot afford true coilovers, the only acceptable alternative are Ground Control coilover sleeves. they properly match the springs to each application, preventing the mad bounce cheap systems provide.

EliteAccordPH
12-29-2001, 06:08 PM
Get the Apexi WS coilovers its $ 850 :D

AzNPrNcS69
12-31-2001, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by drift
you get what you pay for.

if you cannot afford true coilovers, the only acceptable alternative are Ground Control coilover sleeves. they properly match the springs to each application, preventing the mad bounce cheap systems provide.

Very true. My boyfriend has Ground Controls on his 6th gen accord coupe and they are not really bouncy at all. I just lowered my 6th gen sedan on Neuspeed Sport springs. My alignment is perfect and my car still rides like stock, not bumpy..hehe..and I'm still on stock shocks. My car is still new, though, so my shocks are okay for now, but I'll have to replace them later. :)

Hdoubledueceaccord
01-01-2002, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by vik
i have maxspeed coilovers. my ride is so bouncy, ish cool at first but its getting anoying. i need to know what to do, should i get new springs?


see that's your porblem there.... the maxspeed coilovers are horseshit.
To large of a spring rate and they fucked up your shocks. In other words dumbass, YOU FUCKED UP YOUR CAR, YOU FUCK UP!:eek:

brads94accord
01-01-2002, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Hdoubledueceaccord



see that's your porblem there.... the maxspeed coilovers are horseshit.
To large of a spring rate and they fucked up your shocks. In other words dumbass, YOU FUCKED UP YOUR CAR, YOU FUCK UP!:eek: dude, you are the most annoying and rudest person i have ever seen. we don't appreciate your attitude here so go somewhere else you cocky bastard.

Add your comment to this topic!